[Asterisk-Users] Re: Snom and Multiple calls

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Apr 1 10:20:50 MST 2005

Hi Josh -

>> I don't have a 220, and I haven't really tested the 360, but on our
>> 190's I just register each line appearance to the same sip device,
>> and multiple simultaneous calls automatically roll from line 1 to
>> line 2 to line 3, etc.  Are you using any CheckGroup/Setgroup
>> statements, or outgoinglimit?
>
> I've got one registration on the phone with no restrictions in
> asterisk about the number of simultaneous calls.  Call waiting is
> enabled on the phones.  If you're talking to someone and a second call
> comes in, the phone gives normal call-waiting indications.
> If, on the other hand, you're dialing a call, waiting for the other
> side to answer or there's already one ringing call, the incoming call
> is immediately rejected by the phone (busy here).

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand your original message.  This is just
the way that Snom phones work.  They say they want this behavior to
keep things simple.  Here is an old message from this list (Christian
works for Snom):

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-April/044273.html

- Noah

P.S. Just to reiterate the point: Snom - I'd prefer a second ringing
call to ring to another line appearance rather than have the call get
sent back as busy.  Maybe there can be an option?