[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom sound quality problems

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Fri Apr 1 10:02:16 MST 2005

See my other email....

My setup....

VoIP Provider ---> My T1 ---> Asterisk ---> Sip Clients

The only time I get robo-voice is when the latency to the VoIP provider
is high.
Translating from IAX to SIP should not be a problem but maybe it is in
the build you have?

I run COS on my Polycom segment but with 100 meg switches (9GB
Backplane) and 100 MB network, there is little internal latency.

I would look to the external IAX segment.