[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Email Bouncing

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Fri Apr 1 08:42:46 MST 2005

I have been using Asterisk for a couple of years now. I recently
upgraded to CVS HEAD (March 9, 2005). Independently (and perhaps this
is the problem) I also upgraded from Postfix 2.0.16 to 2.2.1.

Anyway, I just realized this morning that I have not been getting
emails when someone leaves me voicemail. The voicemail gets recorded
correctly, and gets emailed as well. However, the email bounces with
the following in /var/log/messages:

Apr  1 10:05:05 zc postfix/pickup[2629]: C73021F8013: uid=0
from=<root>
Apr  1 10:05:05 zc postfix/cleanup[2605]: C73021F8013:
message-id=<Asterisk-0-55
8071475-100-2672 at xx.yyyyyyyy.com>
Apr  1 10:05:06 zc postfix/cleanup[2605]: C73021F8013: to=<unknown>,
relay=none,
 delay=1, status=bounced (No recipients specified)

My spam filter is tossing the bounce, which is another reason why I
didn't notice it for this long. However, one message made it through,
and in the attachment to the bounce, the email was addressed correctly
(the right "To:" from voicemail.conf, and the correct default "From:"
address as well).

To repeat, this could be a Postfix config error, since that changed in
between too, and not necessarily an Asterisk problem.

What I'd really like to know is whether there are debugging options I
can turn on at the Asterisk level to see exactly what is being sent to
Postfix, so that I can clearly rule out one of them as the cause of
the problem.

Thanks in advance!