[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 1 06:59:29 MST 2005

tony at softins.clara.co.uk (Tony Mountifield) writes:

> I totally agree. I run a local INN server and all the mailing lists I
> subscribe to get turned locally into newsgroup postings in moderated
> groups. When I make a posting, it gets mailed out through a filter to the
> moderator address, which is just the list posting address. Makes handling
> threads a breeze.

Now this sounds like a nice solution, and seems to be one step away from
a complete news/mailing list gateway (registration). Did you set this all
up yourself? Since I was about to investigate this stuff myself today, i.e.
to gateway the list with a standalone news server and then maybe even add
a decent web interface with search capablities. I suspect there'll be few
'solutions' out there, since if so you'd run across them more often, but
in case you have any pointers I'd sure appreciate them (man, I really like
the idea proxying all that lists though inn ... :) )

Regards, Bruno.