[Asterisk-Users] Maybe an echo cancellation problem?

1 2 vortex_0_o at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 06:45:59 MST 2005

Hi

Was hoping someone could point me in the right
direction.

using asterisk cvs in various VOIP configurations

On a call when the loudness of transmit > receive then
all receiving is null.

In practical terms this causes background  noise (from
the other end)to stop when you are talking and come
back on when you are quieter. Often causing background
noise to seem like it is switching on and off as you
speak during a call similar to if you were using a CB
radio.

in testing calls:

transmit = null
receive = steady noise (generated from the other end)

transmit = quiet
receive = steady noise (generated from the other end)

transmit = normal/high
receive = null

Does this seem like it is echo cancellation related?

Any pointers as to what topic this sort of thing would
fall under?

Thanks

Jack