[Asterisk-Users] Livevoip still no DTMF?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 1 06:20:05 MST 2005

> I read in the archives a number of discussions about livevoip, DID,
> and DTMF not working.
>
> However, no resolutions.
>
> I just setup a livevoip DID and indeed the DTMF does not work.
>
> The same asterisk context works via broadvoice and via
> direct dialing in to the asterisk server via SIP.
>
> Just no DTMF with calls via livevoip.
>
> I'm running Asterisk CVS-v1-0-03/06/05-23:15:12

Its been working fine here for about a month now. Currently using
CVS-HEAD-03/31/05, however it worked fine with several previous
cvs-head versions as well.

Below are the pieces I'm using for incoming calls. Might want to
review and compare to whatever you're using. The iax.conf section
is a very basic type=user with a context referring incoming calls
to the liveviop800 section of extensions.conf shown below.

[livevoip800]
include=>bus-ivr-main
exten=>8001234567,1,Dial(${PHONE6}&${PHONE7},10)
exten=>8001234567,2,Goto(bus-ivr-main|s|1)

[bus-ivr-main]
exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,20
exten => s,5,Background(npi-greeting)  ; "Thanks for calling press 1 for"

The above essentially rings two Cisco 7960's and if no answer,
routes the incoming call to bus-ivr-main. The caller can then enter
valid dtmf digits, including allowed four-digit extensions, etc.
Have had zero problems with dtmf.

(Note: the above approach does have an issue with handling ringback to
the caller _after_ they've entered a four-digit extension. That issue
has been documented/discussed on the list, and is associated with
livevoip not handling the iax "ringing" function after a call as been
"s,2,Aanswer". Work arounds have been noted on the list, however I've
elected not to address it as its just not that big of a deal for us.)