Optimizing speex (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Erratic CPU load )

Eric Giesselbach e.giesselbach at cloudseven.nl
Fri Apr 1 06:12:15 MST 2005

Steve,

Looks much better now, although it didn't end the cpu load surges: they just arrive less frequently (period of several minutes). There are some reports about "cpu spikes" hitting your machine every few hours - when using G711. Maybe these spikes are the same ones I see. When I change from speex towards optimized speex or gsm my "spike period" goes up from 1 to 10 minutes. If this increase is related to (decreasing) translator costs, I guess a few hour period for G711 is quite possible. I guess I should ask the dev-list...

Eric.