[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 02:31:23 MST 2005

In article <m3ll83brmj.fsf at caruso.quasi.local>,
Bruno Hertz <brrhtz at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> writes:
>
> > Call it archaic if you like but mailing lists get the job done faster,
> > better and without all the bullshit that forums bring to the table.
>
> It's not archaic but reasonable. Clicking around in a funky web
> interface is definitely not what I call productive communication when
> compared to what good email clients (like gnus :) ) can do for you. My
> order of preference would be news groups, mailing lists, then everything
> else except web forums, which comes last.

I totally agree. I run a local INN server and all the mailing lists I
subscribe to get turned locally into newsgroup postings in moderated
groups. When I make a posting, it gets mailed out through a filter to the
moderator address, which is just the list posting address. Makes handling
threads a breeze.

I still use trn to read and post too, as I have yet to find anything that
is as fast to use.

Cheers
Tony
--