[Asterisk-Users] Channel banks that you've used

Shane Young asterisk at ShaneYoung.com
Thu Sep 30 21:26:58 MST 2004

Quoting "Nichols, Andrew" <anichols at itiusa.com>:

> I'm looking to buy a channel bank. I'll be using this to basically dual
> a Toshiba PBX and Asterisk so that we can deploy Asterisk in small steps
> and have the Toshiba as a fallback in case something goes wrong.
>
> What I need is a channel bank that will allow me to take in 12 lines
> using the FXO ports in the CB and then output those lines to the Digium
> T100P.
>
> Has anyone had experience with this type of setup? Do you have opinions
> about any particular channel banks? I've been looking at the Carrier
> Access ADIT 600. Has anyone had good or bad experience with this
> make/model?

I've used their AccessBank 1 and AccessBank 2 FXS channel banks and they work quite well.  I
suspect the Adit will do as well.

I had a Newbridge channel bank and a Vina T1 Integrator which I could not get the Message Waiting
Indicator to work, I would not suggest either of those.