[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS card

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Sep 30 20:59:55 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:39:37 -0700, Geoff Nordli
> <geoffn at gnaa.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you're talking about the Voicetronix 12 port. Voicetronix
>>> says it works with Asterisk but I never tried myself.
>>
>> Does anyone actually use this card in Asterisk.
>
> Yes. We have customers who use Voicetronix cards with
> Asterisk (but for FXO).
>
>> For some reason I don't get
>> a warm fuzzy feeling about their Asterisk support.
>
> And why is that? Have you been talking to them lately? They have a
> developer who is solely charged with Asterisk support and whilst they
> are not as devoted as Digium of course, they are much more committed
> to Asterisk than pretty much any other third party vendor out there.

It is good to know that they are that committed Asterisk and you are
successfully using their cards.  No, I haven't been talking with them.  This
is just what I have read on the list and when you go to their web site they
promote their own Open Source PBX software.  They may want to highlight
their Asterisk support more on their web page.

> Don't use Toyz-R-Intels then. Use a Mac with LinuxPPC and you avoid
> the IRQ and hardware issues that plague the x86 architecture.

Is there a minimum MAC version that you recommend?

Thanks,

Geoff