[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream bin cfg.txt generator

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Sep 30 13:55:43 MST 2004

To confirm...

Using Grandstream's GAPSLITE software, I created 4 cfg files, appending an
"x" to the password each time:

-rw-r--r--    1 sedwards      636 Sep 30 13:47 P2=admin
-rw-r--r--    1 sedwards      638 Sep 30 13:47 P2=adminx
-rw-r--r--    1 sedwards      638 Sep 30 13:48 P2=adminxx
-rw-r--r--    1 sedwards      640 Sep 30 13:48 P2=adminxxx

As you can see, Grandstream's software only insists on "even."

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Stephen R. Besch wrote:

> Leon de Rooij wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Stephen R. Besch for information about the format of this file !
>>
>> (One thing I am not 100% sure of: do I have to append zeros to the end of
>> the body until it has an even amount of bytes, or an even amount of words ?
>> Right now, I do both.)
>
> Sorry for the slow response. I've been away for a few days and have 1500
> messages from the * mail. If this hasn't been answered yet, the answer is
> that the file length is in words, so you need to pad to get to a word
> boundary, i.e., an even number of bytes.  Any extra padding should not hurt
> however, since the phone seems to be very tolerant about this. In fact, you
> can even add your own parameters to the list, as long as they don't conflict
> with the GS parameters, and the phone simply ignores them - could be useful
> for adding a comment about the phone, or it's configuration.
>
> Stephen R. Besch.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Leon de Rooij

Thanks in advance,