[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream bin cfg.txt generator

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:26:57 MST 2004

Leon de Rooij wrote:

> Thanks to Stephen R. Besch for information about the format of this file !
>
> (One thing I am not 100% sure of: do I have to append zeros to the end
> of the body until it has an even amount of bytes, or an even amount of
> words ? Right now, I do both.)

Sorry for the slow response. I've been away for a few days and have 1500
messages from the * mail. If this hasn't been answered yet, the answer
is that the file length is in words, so you need to pad to get to a word
boundary, i.e., an even number of bytes.  Any extra padding should not
hurt however, since the phone seems to be very tolerant about this. In
fact, you can even add your own parameters to the list, as long as they
don't conflict with the GS parameters, and the phone simply ignores them
- could be useful for adding a comment about the phone, or it's
configuration.

Stephen R. Besch.