[Asterisk-Users] Re: Confused of London - How to associate zap channels to extensions

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Thu Sep 30 10:20:53 MST 2004

----- Original Message ----- >
<snip>

> I was playing around with the Flash Operator Panel, and came smack into a
> brick wall.
>
> We have a * box linked to a legacy Meridian System using a EuroIDSN link
> (TE405p) with 10 channels enabled. I also have several SIP extensions.

So you have 10 channels of a tie line set up between the systems?

> What I wanted to do was to have a button for each of our (say) 32 users, 5
> of which are on SIP. That leaves the other 27 on Zap. A potential of 27
> users on 10 channels doesn't go, but we rarely have more than 8 channels
in
> use at any one time.

if you are setting up station side T-1 then your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf
would define the signalling parameters for each of the channels, B &
D-channels for the ISDN ZAP group, and FXS for the defined stations off of
the TE405.  then your channel bank would break out the individual channels
into a channel you can terminate to an analog telephone.

> Now, I can define a button for each of the SIP extensions easily. But how
do
> I do the same for the ZAP extensions, as the zap channel number may be
> different each time a call is made to that extension ?

havent messed with FOP but as I understand if you define individual channels
as extensions like I have talked about above then the button for extension
xxxx is actually defined as ZAP/YY where YY is the individual channel number
on the TE405.

> In my extensions.conf, I simply dial the zap extension using the zap group
> DIAL(zap/g1/4321)

so is ZAP/g1 the tie line to the meridian?  is extension 4321 an extension
on the meridian or on *.  If you need to know the status of individual ZAP
extensions then your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf will require that you
physically map a channel to an extension and alter the dialing to
DIAL(ZAP/YY,time,options) where again YY is the individual channel number on
the TE405.

hope that clears things up

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com