[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general happiness

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Sep 30 10:02:39 MST 2004

Keep in mind the Bluetooth has some very real physical limitations, such
as a theoretical maximum of 80 devices in a "network".  Rather than
extending the range for an office environment, I would consider limiting
it by using less powerful dongles and using a bluetooth proxy of some
sort which handles only one phone at a time.  This could be a SIP client
with bluetooth capabilities, for example.

This certainly is outside of the scope of this bounty -- I for one would
be happy to just have two or three bluetooth phones accessible to my *
box.