[Asterisk-Users] Sipura-3000 - silent dial out on FXO port

Thu Sep 30 07:54:26 MST 2004

I am trying to configure the FXO port on a Sipura-3000 for use with Asterisk.

When I connect to the Sipura to dial out on the PSTN line connected to
the Sipura's FXO port, it gives me the dialtone of the PSTN line and
then I can hear the DTMF for the number I dialled beforehand.

It does work but the customer perceives this delayed second DTMF
feedback as "unprofessional" and the sipura as a "toy". I wonder if
there is anything that can be done to keep the channel to the caller
silent until after the Sipura has sent the DTMF out on the PSTN line.

Any hints appreciated.

thanks
rgds
benjk