[Asterisk-Users] CVS best practice

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Thu Sep 30 07:31:43 MST 2004

> At present I do a cvs update and look for changes, to see if I need or
> want to update. Then because of the spandsp patch I delete the
> asterisk source and co the cvs. I then patch it, make clean, make,
> stop asterisk, make install, and then restart asterisk. Not a lot of
> work, but I'm sure someone has a better way.
>
> Would the cvs update, update the patched source correctly?

A bit OT this, but...

Don't delete, co, and re-patch the source.  Just cvs update.  This
should not destroy your local mods.  When you do your cvs update you'll
get output like

<letter> <filename>

If the letter is "C" then a change in the repository has conflicted
with a local change and you'll have to resolve manually the conflict
in <filename>.  (The conflict will be marked  with >>>>>>>>>>> in
the source.)  See man cvs.