[Asterisk-Users] CVS best practice

John Hill jhill at noach.com
Thu Sep 30 06:42:18 MST 2004

I have a rather dumb question, perhaps I over look the obvious?

What is the recommended best practice for obtaining, compiling and
installing a new cvs asterisk source.

At present I do a cvs update and look for changes, to see if I need or want
to update. Then because of the spandsp patch I delete the asterisk source
and co the cvs. I then patch it, make clean, make, stop asterisk, make
install, and then restart asterisk. Not a lot of work, but I'm sure someone
has a better way.

Would the cvs update, update the patched source correctly?

BTW
Thanks to all that responded to my fax reject on no calleridnum. It is
working very well now.

Thanks to all
John Hill