[Asterisk-Users] Re: CDR and transfer

Andre FAURE drizzt at free.fr
Thu Sep 30 00:30:12 MST 2004

Tor Setane wrote:
>  > Hello,
>
>  > I was looking into cdr (w/ mysql) before enabling dialout
>  > through CAPI, found out that transfered call are not reported
>  > as such.
>  > For instance, let's say we have 2 local SIP extensions A and B
>  > and C is a GSM number.
>  > If A calls B and B transfers to C (automatic or after picking up)
>  > the CDR shows A calling C. IMHO, It should record A called B then
>  > B transfered to C, so that the cost of the outgoing call is "blamed"
>  > on B not A.
>  > Does anyone know how to deal with it?
>  > It's might be a bigger problem if A is and incoming call from PSTN
>  > as no-one is "billable".
>
>  > Thanks.
>
>  > Andre
>
> Hi Andre,
>
> I'm not sure if this will help you with cdr in mysql, but I use this in
> my dialplan
> to get correct billing for forwarded calls. Our billing system is
> currently outside
> the Isdn Pri.
>
> exten => _X.,1,GotoIf($["${RDNIS}" = ""]?5)
> exten => _X.,2,SetCallerid(${RDNIS})
> exten => _X.,3,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
> exten => _X.,4,Congestion
> exten => _X.,5,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
> exten => _X.,6,Congestion
>
> So if Redirecting number exist, set clid to that number.
>
> This way, in our case, "B" will pick up the bill for the call if he is
> forwarded to "C".
> Not sure what happens if "B" transfers the call to "C".
>
> This did not work for me on asterisk 0.9.1, I had to use cvs version.
>
> Regards,
> Tor.

Thanks. This would help in part. Yet I'll probably forbid outside
transfers and allow only transfers to a predefined number list.
That way I know what's going on.
In the mean time, I had a look at how transfers are handled by the
alcatel 4400 pbx at work; looks like it's the same.
If A calls B who then transfers to C it is reported as A calls C aka
extern->extern.
It seems so strange to me that I started to wonder if transfers would
not just be signaling instead of a call.
Yet I doubt that because forbiding outgoing calls, prevented me from
making the transfer. Besides, signaling should be possible w/ digital
lines but how whould that be done with analog PSTN?

Regards.
Andre