[Asterisk-Users] iax connection and 1 way distortion

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Wed Sep 29 01:17:55 MST 2004

I'm new to * and I have my * box connected to another * box located at my
ISP via iax2.  Using ilbc everyting works fine but with any other codec I've
tried (gsm, ulaw, alaw) there is severe distortion on the sound going out of
my box as well as a second or two of delay.  The incoming sound quality is
fine.  This happens even if the outgoing sound is coming from the voice mail
prompts on my *.  Any ideas what I should be looking for?

--
Ray