[Asterisk-Users] Re: Channelized E1 - help !

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Wed Sep 29 19:48:32 MST 2004

+++ Michael Loftis [29/09/04 12:16 -0600]:
> It allows the 3620 to treat each channel individually or as a group or in
> groups.  If you want to connect a PRI to * tho, that's probably not quite
> the way to go, you need  a 36xx platform with Voice capability and voice
> modules ot run all the voice channels into VoIP.
>
> It's much simpler,a nd cheaper, to get say a E100P from Digium and use it
> directly int he PBX, unless you have a good reason for rigging up a 3620
> with full voice platform support.

I've heard that asterisk dosent work with E1 R1 which is the protocol used in
countries like India for E1 lines. Now if i still want to use asterisk with
such a setup can i use something like this cisco box mentioned above to
convert that into PRI whatever protocol asterisk understands ?

--
regards
Vikram (http://www.vicramresearch.com)