[Asterisk-Users] Zaptal and Fedora Core 2 and losing GSM playback

Chris Samaritoni chris at tierra.net
Wed Sep 29 14:34:18 MST 2004

Hi,

I've successfully installed Asterisk 1.0 on Fedora Core 2 with the 2.6.8
kernel. I have two other computers running X-lite connecting to it. I've
been able to set them up so I can dial extensions "123" and "124" to
talk between them. I'm able to access the default "1000", "500", and
"600" extensions and they all seem to work.

Now my problem starts to occur when I installed the Zaptal T100P card
into the system and compiled the kernel and driver (Zaptal 1.0 driver).
The driver module appears to load fine when the system boots up. Once
asterisk starts and I use one of the X-lite phones to call "1000", "500"
or "600" they appear to connect, but I don't hear anything. So for
example the "500", at the console it shows that is running the playback
function with the correct .gsm file, but it never goes on to the next step.

I'm running asterisk with "-dvvvvvvgc" params and the console just shows:

-- Playing 'demo-abouttotry' (language 'en')

So I ran /etc/init.d/zaptal stop and restarted Asterisk, then I tried
accessing the "500" extension again. Presto, it works fine. ???

Note, with the Zaptal driver installed I can still connect between the
two X-lite phones, no problem.

So I'm rather confused how the Zaptal module is causing the playback
function to freeze up.

I suppose there maybe something I need to change in the /etc/zaptal.conf
or /etc/asterisk/zapta.conf, but I don't have clue what it would be.

Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris.