[Asterisk-Users] PRI D-channel signalling error? "Ring reques ted onchannel 0/1 a lready in use on span 1. Hanging up owner."

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Wed Sep 29 10:42:11 MST 2004

Now that's quite interesting - yes, this is a two way span. I thought that
the D-channel negotiation that happens before the B-channel is set up would
have implicitly avoid the glare condition through signalling the
intent-to-use to the resource to the remote end (a-la E&M wink start).

So what seems to be happening in my case is my CPE is set for a 'Descending'
b channel sequence and Asterisk is set for same, thus the high probablility
of glare. I can change the direction of my CPE which will solve the problem
in this case as I own both ends of the link, but in a telco situation where
Asterisk is the CPE how would I set it to be be the opposite of the serving
central office? PRI b-channel sequence ordering in Asterisk can't be as
simple as changing the zap group prefix in the Dial() command can it? Ie. g
vs. G?

{clip}