[Asterisk-Users] Nat Traversal help!

E Samuels support at biz4web.com
Tue Sep 28 23:18:57 MST 2004

Hello All,

I have a number of X-Lite users in countries where the incumbent Telco will
do anything to block VOIP traffic.

For some reason neither the X-Lite broadband or dialup clients would
register with my server unless we configure them to use the Xten Xtunnels
demo server. Once the Client has registered the call quality is great!  The
problem is the Xtunnels does not support other IP Hard phones as yet.

I am aware that I could use an IAX2 based softphone instead but I am yet to
find an IAX2 softphone that is stable!

My question here is what I the most effective way to handle this situation?

My Server Setup:
**************
Asterisk Server on a Public IP Address

X-Lite Clients Setup
***************
X-Lite clients geographically dispersed
There is a combination of dialup and broadband users but mainly dialup users
(Yes there are still many people on dialup!!)

Sip.conf
******
context=from-sip
realm=mydomain.com

port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes

disallow=all
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw

tos=lowdelay

[65908712]	;X-Lite Client
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxxx
auth=md5
nat=yes
host=dynamic
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=1000
dtmfmode=rfc2833
callerid="" <65908712>
disallow=all
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
context=from-sip

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Kind regards,

Errol Samuels