[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general hapiness

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Tue Sep 28 23:18:21 MST 2004

Hi Stefan,

> At the moment I'm into the Bleuz mailing list for getting the SCO
> feature to work, starting with my laptops BT and my dads Nokia.
>
> I have now a basic understanding from the RFCOMM layer which delivers
> the AT commands, AT works. If I get the basic SCO functions
> working with
> the test tools, to get the headsetfunction itself into the
> pc. The Nokia
> doesn't mind it seems to transfer SCO data according to
> hciconfig, but I
> can't verify it yet.

Are you aware of the snd-bt-sco - Driver for the alsa sound system. They already have found means to send and receive audio with sco, impementing the other end of the bluetooth headset profile.

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jp/snd-bt-sco/

But codec and signalling looks quite symetric on a first glance, so the actual handling of the channel's audio data should be similar to the above project.

Stefan Märkle