[Asterisk-Users] 7960 upgrade

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Sep 28 20:46:06 MST 2004

Henry Devito wrote:

> Does anyone have instructions on updating the image on a Cisco 7960?  I
> have tried the Cisco documentation.  I’ve upgraded them before using
> call manager with out a problem, but I just can’t seem to get them
> upgraded using a windows tftp server.

Henry,

	Make sure that you are doing it in increments.  Like so:

sccp 3.1 -> sip 6.1 -> sip 7.2

The Cisco docs are a little off for the 7.2 upgrade.  This has been
covered before, but here is a good post:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-July/053758.html

There were some better ones but I cannot find them now.  Basically, when
Cisco says use P003-07-2-00, use P0S3-07-2-00 in SIPDefault and OS79XX
on your TFTP server.  What does the phone do, and what do the logs for
your TFTP server say?

--
Kristian Kielhofner