[Asterisk-Users] CODECs and sip.conf and voice quality

Mike Meyer mjmeyer at gendesign.com
Tue Sep 28 14:43:09 MST 2004

Robert,

	RE: The reinvite=yes option.

	My answer is that I am not sure, but I think you are right. Based on
the descriptions I have found ...

a)http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk:%20Letting%20SIP%20clients%20connect%20directly
b)http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+canreinvite

it sounds like the Asterisk is still in the signalling path with it set
to yes. From previous investigation to support call parking,

c)http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20call%20parking

documentation indicates it is to be set to yes for that to work.
Probably for the same reason though, so that call supervision can detect
the # to transfer and must be kept in the media path.

In my case, I am probably getting away with it set to yes since the dial
has tT option set and I am connected a call between a SIP phone and a
TDM card so it won't reinvite in either case.

I can't remember the reason that I had now for setting it to yes. I may
have just gotten totally confused. Easy to do. All these options and
dependencies keep my head spinning!

In final; I tested ilbc with canreinvite=no just for kicks. Transfer
still does not work with the #. Had to use the transfer button on the GS
phone.

Thanks again for your comment,
Mike