[Asterisk-Users] RE: SIP Registration Timeout, No FW

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 28 10:32:26 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 19:07, Fredrik von Kantzow wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> I use the same firmware as you, downloaded it yesterday from
> speedtouch.co.uk. I'm running Asterisk CVS-HEAD-09/22/04-19:04:38 built by
> root at sunset on a i686 running Linux, dunno what version that is though i
> guess it's 1.0.0.
>
> Is your setup working?
>
> -Fredrik
[snip]

I don't know if CVS-HEAD-09/22/04 is 1.0.0 but you can always download
the 1.0.0 release, build it and try that one. Didn't work for me either.
I can't get * to register with any VoIP provider using SIP through my
NAT'ed SpeedTouch 510 with a static external IP and private range on the
inside. All IAX links work fine through the SpeedTouch. So SIP doesn't
work and IAX works fine. My guess is the SpeedTouch's handling of SIP is
broken. Perhaps it is an idea to downgrade to an older SpeedTouch
firmware release. Alternatively you can try to register at sipgate with
a SIP client like kphone (for linux) from  http://www.wirlab.net/kphone/

Regards,
Patrick