[Asterisk-Users] Using Grandstream phone , got this error in *

david winter dwinter at planet-telecom.com
Tue Sep 28 07:29:14 MST 2004

you are right, but that isnt my network setup.

cisco has 3 eth(0,1,2)

eth0 is a /32 (2 usable IP) providing access to my upstream provider
this interface is outside NAT
eth1 is a /24 (class c) 192.168.0.x where the sip phone is, this is nat
inside
eth2 is a /28 65.105.x.x (16 usable IP) this is neither inside nor outside.

wheny you connect from 192.168.0.109 to 65.105.x.x i dont see that
connection as coming from the IP of the NAT outside interface, i see the
912.168.0.x address directly.

if the 192.168.0.109 phone was attmpted to connect to anything not on
the 192 or on the 66.x.x.x/28, then i would be NATing.

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planet-Telecom, Inc.
Tampa FL