[Asterisk-Users] Pass-thru port on X100P Clone

Tue Sep 28 00:14:34 MST 2004

Aaron Martin <listasterisk at comtek.co.nz> wrote:
>I am using 2 X100P clone cards in my asterisk system,
>and have one phone line plugged into the 'line' port of each card.
>
>On one of the cards, I also have a cable plugged into
>the 'phone' port and this cable is then connected to the
>modem on my PC so that I can use it for dial-up.
>
>However, when I connect to the internet, the asterisk
>server thinks that an incoming phone call is in place,
>so it answers the call. This then causes my internet
>connection to get cut off.

We have had the same configuration in our Cairo office while waiting
for ADSL to be installed there. No problems whatsoever. This was with
Asterisk CVS checked out at the time (January 2004) and original
Digium X100P cards.

We even had a dial up script that was activated by dialling an
extension on the phone and another one that would disconnect dialling
another extension. Worked fabulously.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.