[Asterisk-Users] Re: Isdn4Linux and DTMF

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:14:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:14:00 +0200, Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> I see you had no replies on this subject.

Correct :-)

> I had the same problem. I bought the 4-port card from www.junghanns.net
> to 'fix' the problem (I have two ISDN Lines + 2 Eicon cards).

I did a similar thing here, except I bought an AVM Fritz!card. Works
perfectly including DTMF.

The Eicon card is now sitting in a box.

> I did have a Cisco 1750 with an analogue voice card - so if I knew I'd
> need DTMF - I'd make a H323 call to the cisco, out on the analogue line
> and into the analogue ports on my Telkom provided ISDN/TA unit. Kludgy -
> but works.

I know someone doing a similar thing. He has a Cisco 3620 with a
VIC-2BRI card. Calls are usually sent out through that.

> Regarding the false DTMF detection - some people's voices just seemed to
> trigger it - including my Wife's. She learned to talk quieter on the
> phone to me - so its with some reluctance that I'm changing ;-)

It only seems to be with some people and mainly females or those with
higher pitched voices.

> Is there a patch to Asterisk that detects people screaming on the phone
> and then pretends to hear a DTMF '#' ???  When the screamers re-dial -
> one can always blame the lousy switchboard...

Not sure about that.

> --
>  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
> /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE
> / |/ |ARK \_/ /__ LKINS  Tel: +27 12 807 0590  Cell: +27 82 601 0496

-Shaun