[Asterisk-Users] Re: Isdn4Linux and DTMF

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Sep 27 06:14:00 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 06:07, Shaun Ewing wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 04:51:26 +1000, Shaun Ewing <sewing at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I currently have an Eicon Diva Client isdn card using i4l. Outbound
> > dtmf doesn't work (and never has), but there has been an annoying
> > problem with false dtmf detection in calls (that could be triggered
> > easily by blowing into the receiver on the remote end).
>
> Hello again,
>
> Just to clarify my previous message - now with the patches applied,
> the DTMF is audible on the Asterisk side (eg: through a SIP phone),
> but the IVR/Voicemail/etc doesn't seem to recognise the DTMF when
> calling from externally.
>
> Is there any other way one could get Asterisk to detect the DTMF?

I see you had no replies on this subject.

I had the same problem. I bought the 4-port card from www.junghanns.net
to 'fix' the problem (I have two ISDN Lines + 2 Eicon cards).

I did have a Cisco 1750 with an analogue voice card - so if I knew I'd
need DTMF - I'd make a H323 call to the cisco, out on the analogue line
and into the analogue ports on my Telkom provided ISDN/TA unit. Kludgy -
but works.

Regarding the false DTMF detection - some people's voices just seemed to
trigger it - including my Wife's. She learned to talk quieter on the
phone to me - so its with some reluctance that I'm changing ;-)

Is there a patch to Asterisk that detects people screaming on the phone
and then pretends to hear a DTMF '#' ???  When the screamers re-dial -
one can always blame the lousy switchboard...
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE