[Asterisk-Users] Local Outbound Calls on PRI

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Sep 27 23:45:08 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Paul Oster wrote:

> SOLVED IT!
>
> For some unknown reason the switch the CLEC is using provisions PRI's
> as thogh we are in the European Union... rsolution involved setting
> the following parameters in zapata.conf
>
> switchtype=euroisdn
> pridialplan=local
>
> For the record, the switch I am connecting to is a Siemens EWSD.  I
> only mention it in hopes that someone else going through this problem
> is able to make use of that information and get things sorted out MUCH
> more quickly than I was able to.

Are you sure that it was the switchtype that was the problem? IT may have
been _a_ problem, but setting pridialplan=national and then sending
non-national-formatted numbers is wrong. Normally pridialplan=unknown does
what is most intuitive for people (pots dialing)
  "In this case the number digits field is organized according to the
  network dialling plan, e.g.  prefix or escape digits might be present."

Pridialplan=local seems to set the TON to "Subscriber number" which should
mean that you cannot dial outside your area code. Your CLEC may parse the
number of digits and determine the real TON from that, but this is
fragile. The most correct settings is be "unknown".

I don't think asterisk can set the TON/NPI idetifiers per call.

Peter