[Asterisk-Users] Brand New to List, requesting assistance

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:19:53 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:44:26 -0500, Ron Frederick
<ron at eurexsoftwaresystems.com> wrote:
> Good points Chris...  I did not realize that * required the coLinux package.
> That does not make it any easier at all.  I am certainly with you now...
> Why would you want to add Windows into the mix?  I too started as a Windows
> only guy, but over the last 4 years or so, have shifted much of my focus to
> linux.
>
>   -Ron

As somebody said before, Windows is an excellent gaming system... I
like it better than PS and others... I can even use it for text
processing!!! (just kidding) ;)

But, as I recall my first Linux install (back in 96), I "destroyed" my
HD. All gone... So, I would've loved the idea of coLinux... And for
the first-time sailors, the installation process of Linux is, by
itself, a marathon.

I think that credit must be given to astwind and colinux... It is
always good to take the first steps with someone holding your hand.
But, for a production environment, I don't think that Windows (alone)
would be such a good choice. Adding a virtualization layer then... Not
a chance. It defies logic... Having a good, stable OS running on top
of Windows doesn't make sense in my head. If it were the other way
around, having Linux as the host OS and Windows as guest, could be a
good idea.

But, for evaluation purposes, it is really good as a quick start.

Just my thoughts...
Marconi.