[Asterisk-Users] SNMP instrumentation and/or talk path health monitoring?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Sep 27 09:51:10 MST 2004

We're running a multi server Asterisk private network, including some PBXs
via private network PRI. As the system is growing and users are coming to
rely on it more we'd like to integrate it into our network management
environment to provide some basic health monitoring. The prefered method
would be SNMP as we're already monitoring the underlying Linux host. Has
anyone implemented basic instrumentation that they'd be willing to release
as a patch? Just looking for simple stuff at the moment such as t100p stats
and alarm events, call volumes passing through core and/or each interfaces,
number of errored calls and such.

That said, I was also wondering if anyone has built anything along the lines
of a 'test call placer' to actually perform tests of the switching and talk
paths from the PSTN inwards? I'm thinking of a box with an x100p card
connected to external dialtone somewhere that calls in on certain test
numbers to reach a test target (like app_milliwatt) that proves, beyond a
doubt, that the talk path is working during periods of low call volumes such
as weekends or overnight...

Thanks.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator