[Asterisk-Users] Re: Complete newbie seeks start

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Mon Sep 27 09:14:06 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
<snip>
> I've downloaded the * software and the zaptel drivers.

look in the zaptel source directory and you will see a file called README26
(i think, or something like that)  i am not a linux expert but my linux
'experienced' partner told me something about the 2.6 kernel...

> And now, to be quite honest, I haven't got much of a clue what to do next!
>
> I've tried compiling the zaptel drivers but it seems to barf at
> something to do with having a link /usr/src/linux-2.6

see note above about the readme file

> I've even downloaded the kernel source and have created a softlink to
them.

> I'd appreciate any pointers to an idiot's guide to getting started with *

the docs for FC1&2 are not quite as good as the ones for RH7&9 but the
basics are the same.

this is a good one that I used with my first RH install
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wipe_out/asterisk/

if you really want to be safe, just do a 'complete' FC2 install and make
sure that you check out the README files in the SRC directories.

Have fun!

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com