[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem: can't fit into subject

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 08:03:42 MST 2004

Hello,

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:36:20 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
<m3freak at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 21:45, Brian West wrote:
> > > Scenario 1:
> > >
> > > 1. I call someone on the outside (from my analog phone extension).
> > > 2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
> > > 3. Transfer called party to conference or another extension - fails.
> > >
> > > Scenario 2:
> > >
> > > 1. Receive a call at my extension from the outside.
> > > 2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
> >
> > > 3. Try to transfer caller to conference or another extension - success.
> > > I've made sure the dial string I'm using has the "t" option, and really,
> > > since scenario 2 is working, I'm certain I've set up the dial plan
> > > properly.  It is rather odd that in Scenario 1 when I press the "hash"
> > > button on the phone, the called party can hear the tones, but in
> > > Scenario 2, the called party hears music immediately after I press the
> > > "hash" button (as they should).

Do not assume that you have setup the dial plan properly. In each case
you might have the call in a different context, and if your meetme
extension is not reachable from one of the contexts it will fail.
Inbound  calls migth have a different context than outbound calls.

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina