[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem: can't fit into subject

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Sep 27 06:36:20 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 21:45, Brian West wrote:
> > Scenario 1:
> >
> > 1. I call someone on the outside (from my analog phone extension).
> > 2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
> > 3. Transfer called party to conference or another extension - fails.
> >
> > Scenario 2:
> >
> > 1. Receive a call at my extension from the outside.
> > 2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
>
> > 3. Try to transfer caller to conference or another extension - success.
> > I've made sure the dial string I'm using has the "t" option, and really,
> > since scenario 2 is working, I'm certain I've set up the dial plan
> > properly.  It is rather odd that in Scenario 1 when I press the "hash"
> > button on the phone, the called party can hear the tones, but in
> > Scenario 2, the called party hears music immediately after I press the
> > "hash" button (as they should).
> >
> You need a T also go do show application dial, and t and T are
> different.

That makes sense, but I didn't put the "T" in because I thought it would
also give the person calling into the PBX the ability to transfer, which
I do not want at all.

In any case, it didn't work.  I still can't transfer anyone that I
call.  Thinking that I had now given outsiders the ability to transfer
their own calls, I tried pressing the "hash", but that didn't workIt's
not that big of a problem either.

It's not that big of a problem because I can always use the flash hook
transfer, but I would prefer it if I could get the blind transfer
working in the first scenario.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Ranbir