[Asterisk-Users] Autodial on off-hook?

Chris Icide cicide at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:24:26 MST 2004

I'm looking to build an application which requires a phone to autodial
when the handset is lifted off of the hook.

Since the system will be available to the general public, I want a
solid phone that will withstand abuse, but not be too expensive.

I'm leaning towards using a Sipura adapter with an analog outdoor
handset.  However, I don't nor ever have had a sipura adapter, so I'm
wondering if anyone with access to one can tell me if you are able to
set it up to place a call when the handset goes off-hook.

Thanks in advance,

Chris