[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem: can't fit into subject

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Sun Sep 26 18:29:08 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm experiencing something rather strange with our Asterisk setup.  I'll
go through the steps.

Scenario 1:

1. I call someone on the outside (from my analog phone extension).
2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
3. Transfer called party to conference or another extension - fails.

Scenario 2:

1. Receive a call at my extension from the outside.
2. Everything appears honkey dorey.
3. Try to transfer caller to conference or another extension - success.

I've made sure the dial string I'm using has the "t" option, and really,
since scenario 2 is working, I'm certain I've set up the dial plan
properly.  It is rather odd that in Scenario 1 when I press the "hash"
button on the phone, the called party can hear the tones, but in
Scenario 2, the called party hears music immediately after I press the
"hash" button (as they should).

I'm completely stumped about Scenario 1.  Does anyone have an idea why
it would fail, but Scenario 2 doesn't?  The only thing I've been able to
come up with so far is perhaps it's an issue with DTMF not being
detected.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Ranbir