[Asterisk-Users] American vs English

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Sun Sep 26 17:46:39 MST 2004

Me again,

OK, someone suggested I take a look at the sounds.txt file that comes
with the CVS download. I did and boy is it different to the WIKI! It is
not perfect however. I found many duplicates in there as well as some
entries that "will be added later" and then later down the file they
were added - duh!

I also noted that some files were somewhat silly (who the hell put @ in
there) as well as there being incomplete things where folks have
obviously started to make files but not finished (like niner for 9 but
no fife for 5).

Can I put my neck on the block here and ask that I take on the job of
managing all the so called "standard" files and file names. I'm also
gonna update the WIKI with the links to my site where I have parked the
relevant scripts in both English and American (as well as others as we
get them). I'd also like to book the files into the CVS if that's
possible.

Mark

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 06:16, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is both GSM and WAV files for the ones I've recorded already on my
> website. They can be found here http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html
>
> As for "polite" files. I agree that they could be better. I also note
> that the diction is very American particularly in the demo area.
>
> I've also added a few files of my own. pounds.gsm/wav and
> tt-badgers.gsm/wav.
>
> There is a disclaimer of sorts on the above website. I released it under
> the same terms as Asterisk, although I don't know what they are but
> assumed that it was GNU like and that I retain copyright.
>
> Mark
>
> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 05:26, usedcanon wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Just a couple of points/requests I'd like to add.
> >
> >   1. Change the "Commedian mail" to something more generic, like "Voicemail"
> > or "Welcome to voicemail"
> >   2. The password prompt, just says "password", would it not be better to be
> > a bit polite and have something like, "please enter your password"
> >   3. will there be any official .gsm versions of these files?
> >   4. Is there a disclamer/license that allow these prompts to be used in a
> > commercial setup
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Umar

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI