[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 26 14:18:37 MST 2004

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Of course, the problem of the hard-coded "priority + 101" situation is
> problematical.  I say we think through what the perfect world would look
> like in this respect and then see how hard it would be to implement. . .

XML will probably able to store much, probably more, of the flat text in
a marked up as 'Asterisk XML', created with a nice XSL-template there
would even for +101 situations not be any problems.

But my major consern is the validness of goto statements, but thats
probably also the issue with the current 'list' versions.

It is allready possible to start developing an 'Asterisk XML' since with
an XSLT preprocessor you are able to generate a valid extension.conf.

Stefan de Konink