[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Sun Sep 26 08:18:35 MST 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:03:58 +0200, Rodolfo Grave <rodolfograve at yahoo.es> wrote:
> but I'm sure with the help of the community and if there
> are enough people needing/wating this, we can make a good language
> specification. Personally I can and will make the compiler from the
> higher level to current language, and even maybe vice-versa. Just need
> the specification of both languages and support of the comunity (if no
> one needs this it is not worthy).

If you want to build a strong house, you need a solid fundament. I
don't think the current configuration language is a good fundament to
build upon.

We would be well advised to first build that solid fundament before
thinking about higher level languages.

So how about a discussion to give Asterisk an XML based configuration as a base.

For backwards compatibility, the existing config language could then
sit on top of the XML as one alternative amongst others.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.