[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Rodolfo Grave rodolfograve at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 26 06:03:58 MST 2004

Hi all.

I've been reading through Wi-Ki and at the extensions.conf file
description (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf)

The author says this:

"One day, someone is going to write a proper scripting language for
Asterisk that can understand a simpler, easier (and more traditional)
scripting syntax. All it would need to do is translate the "high level"
scripting code into the "low level" stuff that is required here. But
until then, we have to live with what we've got."

I just haven't use asterisk enough yet, so I wont be able to make the
specifications, but I'm sure with the help of the community and if there
are enough people needing/wating this, we can make a good language
specification. Personally I can and will make the compiler from the
higher level to current language, and even maybe vice-versa. Just need
the specification of both languages and support of the comunity (if no
one needs this it is not worthy).

Please, send oppinions and ideas about this.

RODOLFO

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0439-2, 24/09/2004
Tested on: 26/09/2004 15:04:00