[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0 RPMS RH73 and RH9

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sun Sep 26 06:34:32 MST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 05:47, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>
> > Anyone else having the problems that Gary is reporting?
>
> Um, well, not really. I'm rebuilding your package on Fedora 2 (kernel
> 2.6) and i had to add a "linux 26" at the end of the "make" line,
> otherwise all kinds of weird things happened.

I think I'll add a kernel version check to it and either force a "make" or
a "make linux26" based on what is running.

> Also, in /etc/init.d/zaptel, "insmod" doesn't work properly. It has to
> be replaced with "modprobe". I have no idea why.
>
> There are some other changes i've made to the initialization scripts, to
> bring them closer to Red Hat "best practices". I'll probably email you
> privately when i'm closer to a stable state.

On the init.d front, Mark committed my much improved redhat init scripts
to CVS last month, but I haven't updated the RPMS to use them.

> Anyway, the RPMs are way cool! :-) Thanks,

You are welcome. Keep in mind that any changes that you make should take
into account the original design goal, which is to have a universal .spec
file for all versions of RedHat from 7.3 onward. I.E. please try to keep
distro specific changes defined ONLY for that distro and not globally
applied to everything.

                             KP-216-121-ST