[Asterisk-Users] Application almost there..Dialplan challenges

david winter dwinter at planet-telecom.com
Sat Sep 25 14:01:07 MST 2004

Matt, I am tring to use cisco as a sip to pstn gw as well. are you using
an inbound sip dial-peer? or is not required? for inbound h323 calls its
not but i keep getting

Sep 25 15:47:23 WARNING[1087986608]: chan_sip.c:598 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit
of 0x81487dc (len 755) to 210.50.7.213 returned -1: Invalid argument

when i send a sip call to my cisco 3660. see my earlier post today.

Matt Darnell wrote:

>Aloha,
>
>I have a Cisco Gateway the is functioning as my SIP Gateway to the PSTN.
>
>I have an Asterisk box, RC2 with a for port FXS card providing
>dialtone for a Norstar Key System.
>
>I have it working so when you press a line key on the Norstar you get
>dial tone from the Asterisk box.  The user has to dial '9' then they
>can dial there number which is sent to the Cisco GW via SIP and the
>call is completed.
>
>I can not seem to get rid of the need to dial a lead digit.  I don't
>need any other digits - i.e. voicemail, park - we aren't using any *
>'features' just as a SIP<->FXS gateway.
>
>Is it posible so I can create templates to collect the number and send
>the call to the Cisco when the template is completed
>
>911
>411
>611
>1[2-9]XX-XXX-XXX
>[2-9]XX-XXXX
>
>The users are not likeing to have to dial '9'
>
>Looking forward to updateing to 1.0.0
>Matt

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer