[Asterisk-Users] Absolutely minimal Asterisk PSTN gateway (CF based Aseterisk)

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sat Sep 25 12:31:23 MST 2004

>> You could start buy downloading my .iso (29mb bootable ) and use
>> that as a basis for your system. I've already modified it for a CF
>> card based system. Essentially it depends what sort
>> of interface to the PSTN you want. E1/T1 and analog should work
>> fine with my cd - but I've not built
>> it for use with CAPI or the QuadBRI cards...
>>
>> you can grab it at http://www.automated.it/asterisk/
>>
>> It's not v1 of * but I am trying to find the time to update to a
>> newer CVS version, however I will only do that
>> once I'm happy running that particular version myself...
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Andy,
>
> 	I would be interested in a CF version too. Please, keep us posted on
> any progress.
>
> Thanks,
> Yiannis.

What about Building as asterisk system based on a distribution like
Bering-uClibc:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=910&page_id=36

It is really a firewall/router system, but has a ton of other packages
available and it is easy to convert to running it on a CF card.  I deploy my
firewalls using this package on a CF card.

They have lots of packages available as well:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=91017&page_id=51

It would be neat to have a Asterisk package that you could use for it. You
would need to have access to a HDD to store voicemail since Bering uses a
ram based file system.  I wonder if running Asterisk from a ram file system
would have benefits?

Geoff