[Asterisk-Users] agents and queues

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Sat Sep 25 06:54:26 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Nicolayevsky [mailto:marco at misterart.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 11:45 PM
To: Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] agents and queues

>How can i determine if there are any agents signed-in,
>and if not, take them straight to voice mail with
>a message like "Sorry, we are unable to take you
>call now, please leave a message..."??

We have run into the same sort of problems.  We created
an addition to the monastery project which allows our
call center manager to see who is logged in via a web
browser.  In that same perl script which loops
indefinately every 5 sec we check to see if there is
anyone logged in.  Then we create a variable
(AGENTSLOGGEDIN) which is either 0 or 1.  Then we check
the status of that variable from the dialplan to see
if we should place calls in the queue.

Seems to work pretty well for us.

Robert Jackson