[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Free G.729 ready for download

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Sep 25 04:46:32 MST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 06:03, Peter Svensson wrote:
> As an example, if I were to write a few more chapters to "Gone With the
> Wind" those would be a derived work and, in countries signatories to one
> of the two copyright treaties, the property of the original copyright
> holders.

IANAL, but those chapters would be yours.  Adding them to Gone With the Wind
and distributing the resultant "new" book would be considered distributing a
derived work and fall into the gray area.

It's the same as fanfic; the characters and whatnot are owned by the original
writer(s) but your actual work is yours.

-A.