[Asterisk-Users] ISDN (point to point) questions

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Sep 24 15:12:07 MST 2004

PPP is Point To Point Protocol.  It was designed to allow TCP/IP over a
modem/dialup connection which a ISDN modem is capable of.  Now to allow
combining the two b channels to appear as one data channel with the same IP
address and so forth, that's where the Multilink PPP comes in.  It's an
extension of the orginal PPP protocol to allow bonding of more than one PPP
link and allow it to appear to the OS as one tcp/ip link.

I really don't know what a PMP is.

Lyle