[Asterisk-Users] Two questions for Asterisk setup (Definity G3R and NFAS Trunk Gro ups)

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Fri Sep 24 14:59:03 MST 2004

Hi,

	I'm a lab manager / supervisor at our labs.  We've had Asterisk in
use for over a year directly hooked to the PSTN - a no brainer for
configuration (although I had to fix some AT&T specific things in libpri).
Right now I have two big challenges.  One is to hook our box up lineside to
a Lucent Definity G3R.  Avaya is chasing this from their end, but we had the
highest level of tech support trying to work this.  Does anyone here have a
known good configuration (including firmware release/etc of the T1 cards)
for a PRI configuration?  I get layer two up, and a d-channel established,
but then I get no messages and the d-channel goes back down.  I'm || this
close to tracing the call states in TR-41459 to determine which side is not
responding - I suspect the G3R...

	The second issue (due to the issue above) is that I ordered a 9 PRI
trunk group from AT&T.  With a "trunkgroup" configuration, I can get two of
the T1's operational, but I want to add a third T1 to the trunkgroup.  The
problem is that there is only a primary and backup d-channel.  Thus, the
third T1 has no d-channel.  When I bring the third span into the trunkgroup,
Asterisk complains that "PRI signalling is requested, but line is 869?
signalling" and exits.  Is this an Asterisk bug, or do I have it configured
improperly.  Below is how I have it configured

zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
span=3,3,0,esf,b8zs